Monday, May 24, 2010

Kauai 2010: Napali Coast and Polihale State Park

We took the jeep on Milolii Ridge road to the top of the south end of the Na Pali Coast. The Na Pali coast is a wonder.... its rugged landscape with high vertical sea cliffs, and intermintent valleys only reachable by boat or foot trails.

A great place for a lunch. It is a neat feeling to be on a high island peak, and look out over the ocean. I felt like I was so far away from "the world".... a place where no worry could reach me.... (well, except that I might fall off a cliff if I wasn't careful).

Looking down from the narrow ridge trail into the Miloli'i Valley where a small beach is visible. The trail went a long the ridge with sheer cliffs on either side.

Milolii beach was 1400' below and unfortunately, not reachable by foot.


A rainbow was visible over Milolii Valley.



You can't be at a place like this and not do Yoga. I know, I need to work on my form, but it was extremely windy and I was standing on a cliff!


Panoramic view of the Na Pali Coast from the Miloli'i Ridge.



Polihale State Park


After absorbing the views, we headed down toward the beaches just south of the Napali coast. We took a long dirt road through the sugarcane fields, and over the sand dunes, then found ourselves on our most favorite beach in all of Kauai.... Barking Sands Beach. We love the long smooth white-sand-beach, contrasted with the soaring, rugged NaPali Coasts, the blue water crashing with white foam on the shore and the clear panoramic veiw of the western sunset. Truly a magical place.




No comments:

Post a Comment