Monday, May 17, 2010

Kaua'i 2010: Boogie Boarding with George Clooney

The waves were big at Hanalei Bay, so we got out the boogie boards and headed for the surf. Jeff used boarding flippers for that extra boost in catching the larger waves. The flippers hurt my feet, so I resorted to the tried-and-true method of just pushing up from the ocean floor. It worked like a charm! I only took a few pictures from the beach.... can't get the camera wet!


Can you spot Jeff?


I didn't capture them on camera, but there were some really big and rough waves out there... they BEAT US UP! Some how I came out of the ocean with a big bruise on the inside of my calf. We were both exhausted... especially Jeff with those flippers!!!

And ok, so George Clooney wasn't exactly boogie boarding with us, but he was there shooting his new film "The Decendents".

I just knew the director was going to spot Jeff and I boogie boarding, and have to have us in his movie! We were just too awesome on those boards to pass up. But.... he never did approach us. I figured he didn't want to pay us the big bucks for our skills.

The set. There were only a few on-lookers.

In this shot you can see some of the big waves forming way out in the ocean.

They were shooting the movie from this house.

1 comment:

  1. By golly it is George! We'll have to watch for you guys in the background of his movie!

    ReplyDelete