Tuesday, August 4, 2009

Team Monson at Tonto Creek

We spent last Saturday exploring the twists and turns of Tonto Creek. The girls have never been so busy! We explored, fished, swam, picnic'd and hiked.








Jeff caught one "Hungry Stick-Fish", two Brook Trout and one Rainbow.



While I didn't catch any fish, I did catch a snapshot of this beautiful butterfly. I was pretty lucky too, considering I had Kate in my arms trying to grab the lens cover that was dangling from my camera, and Ella hanging on my leg.






As usual, Kate loved exploring the outdoors.

The creek had many cascading waterfalls, boulders to climb, and logs to balance across.






Survivor girls! Finding their way out of the jungle.



Kate, our youngest explorer.

3 comments:

  1. do you always wear red when you hike? bet it makes it easy to spot each other.
    nice nab on the butterfly!

    ReplyDelete
  2. No, we don't always wear red. However, this summer we had the idea of making a family camping shirt. We bought the shirts, but never designed and printed them. Aubree still really wanted the whole family to wear them, so we did :-) And yes, Aubree & Maya picked red so that we could spot eachother easily... good thinking girls!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Nice butterfly shot! Your girls will have great memories of the great outdoors!

    ReplyDelete