Saturday, November 14, 2009

Piano Recital

Aubree and Maya had their piano recital this morning. Aubree played "Somewhere Over the Rainbow" and Maya played "Hot Cross Buns", which she sometimes mistakenly calls "Hot Dog Buns".
This is Aubree's second recital and she played her song beautifully.
Maya did great too. It was her first recital, so beforehand, I told her that most the kids would bow afterwards, but she could curtsy like this (and I demonstrated). She quickly told me that I did it wrong and showed me the correct way to curtsy. That's my little princess!

Afterwards the girls took a peek into the grand piano.

Aubree and her cousin Abbey received awards for passing off their books, and they all recieved a king-sized symphony chocolate bar and a pencil. They have a great teacher!

2 comments:

  1. Congrats ladies! You look lovely! And I'm sure you sounded great!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Aubree and Maya seem so grown up! And, being the lazy blogger that I am--your garden looks amazing, I am jealous (ours didn't quite get planted this fall...I rarely made it off my couch during prime planting!) and Sedona looked like SO MUCH FUN! RY and I are dying to get up there (do you think the trees are still colorful?) We are almost done with our remodel, adn then we will have you guys over!

    ReplyDelete