Tuesday, October 27, 2009

It's My BiRthDaY!!

I had an enjoyable birthday this year. Jeff took me to get a pedicure at a nearby spa, then we went out to eat at a local (non-chain) restaurant called Boca 7. Boca 7 is a delightful vietmanese restaurant that offers fresh, delicate, flavorful, exotic, and nutritions entrees. We had a 7 coarse beef meal. For one of the coarses, we cooked our own beef at the table in a portable "hot pot" of simmering sweet vinegar, then assembled it into fresh vegetable and herb-filled spring rolls. It was light, different and refreshing for a change! Even down to the fresh-cucumber flavored water! Yum!



Sunday evening we had my Grandma Lela and Hal over for dinner and had a little celebration with the family.

And...
My brother Aaron surprised me at my door with a birthday gift.... a fig tree and and peach tree! What a great brother! I was so excited! Luckily we had just enough spots left in the yard for those last two trees! Thanks Aaron! We will enjoy them for years to come!

No comments:

Post a Comment